Whether returning a mobile device because you don't want it or because it's faulty there are some things you need to do first to help your return go lightning fast.
Please note that OneDayOnly takes no responsibility for any data lost as a result of the returns process and that you, as the customer, are responsible for backing up your data before continuing with these steps.
Remove the passcode
- Open Settings
- Swipe down and tap Face ID & Passcode (or Touch ID & Passcode)
- Swipe down again and tap Turn Passcode Off
- Read the disclaimer and tap Turn Off
Here’s how the process looks:
After entering your passcode, swipe down and look for Turn Passcode Off as shown below.
If you’re locked out of your iPhone and can’t get into Settings to make these changes, you’ll need to restore your iPhone. Read more about that on Apple’s support document here.
Remove the Apple ID
If you want to remove your Apple ID from an Apple device, you have to remove the Apple ID from your device and remove the device from the list of connected devices on your Apple ID.
Note: Before proceeding, it is recommended that you back up your iPhone first. If you have any important data, be sure to check out this article on how to back up your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone. This is the gear-shaped icon on your home screen.
- Then tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen. If you’re not logged in yet, you have to sign in to the Apple ID you want to delete
- Next, tap iTunes & App Store.
- Then tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Next, tap View Apple ID. Confirm the action when asked.
- Then tap Remove this Device. You will see this option under iTunes in the Cloud.
- Tap the back button to go back to your Apple ID page. This is the arrow in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Sign Out.
- Enter your Apple ID password.
- Then tap Turn Off to confirm.
- Finally, tap Sign Out. Then tap Sign Out in the pop-up window to confirm.